For runners, walkers and cyclists of all ages
The 22nd annual Diefenbooker Race will take place on Saturday May 5, 2018.
The funds raised support organizations in West Carleton that promote literacy, encourage physical activity or personal wellness.
The Diefenbooker promotes community fun, as well as serious racing.
There are events for all ages including:
- 5 and 10 km running races,
- 5 km walk,
- 5, 18 and 33 km cycle tours,
- youth events, including:
- a 1 km running race for 12 years old and under,
- a "Loonie Loop" short races for 2 to 6 yrs old.
Teams of 4 or more can enter a 5 km team event. The winning team is determined by combining the lowest four times on each team.
One of the highlights of the running and walking courses is a trip through the blast tunnel of the "Diefenbunker", Canada's Cold War Museum. Cyclists travel fully paved routes through rural West Carleton Township. Some roads are temporarily closed to vehicle traffic. The youth events are held at the Fairgrounds in Carp. All routes are well marked.
Once again, our title sponsors are the West Carleton Medical-Dental Centre and West Physio.
Support from both new and returning sponsors is greatly appreciated.
For further information email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- events.com online registration
- SportStats race results
- Tweet Follow @Diefenbooker
- Diefenbunker - Canada's Cold War Museum
- Run Ottawa - Full Race Calendar