Events for all ages include 5 and 10 km running races, a 5 km walk and 5, 18 and 33 km cycle tours.
Youth events include a 1 km running race for 12 years and under, and "Loonie Loop" short races for those 2 to 6 yrs old.
Again this year... "chip timing". The 5km and 10km races will be timed by Sports Stats using "chips".
For the 5 km team event, 4 or more athletes may register as a "team". The winning teams will be determined using the lowest combined times, of the best four runners.
Cyclists must be confident they can finish their route within 90 minutes from start time.
Note that helmets are mandatory for cyclists 18 years or younger.
Events get underway at the Carp Fairgrounds on race day as follows:
- Registration on site - 7:30 to 8:30 am
- Race kit pickup - 8 to 9 am (after registration onsite)
- Warmup exercises - 9:10 am
- Cycle 5km, 18km, 33km - 9:15 am
- Run 5km, 5km team, 10km - 9:30 am
- Walk 5km - 9:30 am
- Youth Run Loonie Loop (2-6 yrs) - 10:20 am
- Youth Run 1 km (12 yrs and under) - 10:40 am
- Awards ceremony - 10:50 am
- Distance markers, marshalls and rescue vehicles on routes
- water stations on run/walk routes
- first-aid and medical services at Fairgrounds
- free parking and washrooms
- computerized race timing with posted results and winners announced
- post-race refreshments in Agricultural Hall
Road Closures and Detours
Individuals will be eligible for individual awards in their age category.
"Diefenchunk" medals will be awarded to each of the following:
- Loonie Loop winners
- Overall 1st, 2nd, 3rd place male and female in 1 km run
- Overall 1st, 2nd, 3rd place male and female in 5 km and 10 km runs
- Overall 1st, 2nd, 3rd place in 5km team run
- Overall 1st, 2nd, 3rd place male or female in 5km walk
- 1st place only age category winners, male and female, in 5 km run (under 10, 11-13, 14-16, 17-19, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69, 70+ yrs)
- 1st place only age category winners, male and female, in 10 km run (under 20, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69, 70+ yrs)
- Overall 1st, 2nd, 3rd place male and female in each cycling event
Detailed event results will be available online at Sportstats for the 5 km walk, 5 km team, 5 km run, and 10 km run.
Summary results will be available on this website sometime after race day.
The full list of award winners will be published in the West Carleton Review.